Saturday 14 August 2010

GAMP 2010 @ IMU

PICTURE SPAMMAGE, BEWARE!!


Today, I attended GAMP (check the timetable below) which was hosted in IMU. I won't deny that the event was boring. I really won't deny it. Majority cosplays weren't that good either and so, their presence were not captured by oresama's camera. There are more cosplayers than the ones I only took. Like, tons. There was a KHR cosplay group but I didn't take a snap shot of them. I'm tired of crossgender Gokudera!!!! But I'll take photos if they go 8059. Anyway, I present what I have taken with a camera supported by dying batteries.



Ryomou Shimei Ikkitousen

Heiwajima Shizuo DuRaRaRa!! Oresama sophisticatedelement

Cars IMU

Really nice setting IMU





The Stage IMU

The Guestbook IMU

The Guestbook II IMU

Hijikata Toshiro Gintama



These are photos from the Solo Cosplay Competition.
I apologize beforehand for the awful photos as I was sitting behind the judges table and could not stand up as it would obstruct the people behind me.

All characters have to promote a completely random item.

When I say random, I really mean it.

Ninja someone tell me where he's from

Promoting Band-Aid

Pose 1

Pose 2

Pose 3




"Why do you wear handcuffs?"
"... Why not?"
"I like your answer!"

Promoting the measuring tape

Pose 1

Pose 2

Pose 3

get your pants back on




Female Archbishop Ragnarok Online
Promoting a hand puppet

Promoting the hand puppet II

Pose 1

Pose 2

Sorry about it being blur, and please flip the picture yourself

Pose 3

no, seriously, pull your pants back on for this



KYAAAAAAAAAAA!!
KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Heiwajima Shizuo takes the mike

Heiwajima Shizuo reads what he has to promote.

Heiwajima Shizuo says that he does not require the mike.

Of course he doesn't. He fukken broke the pencil into two and stomped on it! That's Shizuo-sama for you!

Pose 1

Pose 2

Pose 3

Pose 3.5

Pose 4

Pose 4.5

You can obviously tell who I'm favouring right here.
And the judges LOVED what they saw when he took off his shades.





Chris Redfield Resident Evil
Pose 1

He was to promote lolipops.
Apparently, you level up after eating them.


Pose 2

Pose 3





Shana Shakugan no Shana

She was promoting Kit-Kat. In truth, she just ate free choco

Talking to Alastor about Kit-Kat and deciding that it's something that cheers her up besides Melon Pan

Pose 1

Pose 2

Pose 3





Hatsune Miku Vocaloid 2

Didn't particularly like her.
I only liked her dress and wig.
Her characterization wasn't good too.
And that's a bad, bad point...

Pose 1

Pose 2
Didn't bother with Pose 3.



Squall Leonhart Final Fantasy 8
Pose 1
Didn't quite like her either. The cosplayer's a female and wayy too short for the Squall. Same goes for her sword. Thumbs up for her outfit though.

Wait... What was Squall supposed to promote again?


Pose 2

Pose 3

Sheryl Nome Macross Frontier High School Musical in Space
Promoting THE rubber duck.

"Think about me when you're using the duck"

I did not bother to take pictures of her posing.





Alto Saotome Macross Frontier High School Musical in Space

Pose 1
Throwing the paper plane

Pose 2
No, that wasn't my camera flash

Pose 3
STRIP ALTO!!! STRIIIIIIP!!!!!!! STRIP BABY!!


-End of Solo Cosplay Competition-



Agatsuma Soubi Loveless oresama sophisticatedelement

Kobato Kobato

Heiwajima Shizuo DuRaRaRa!! Hijikata Toshiro Gintama

Gakupoid Vocaloid 2

Superbi Squalo KHR miko idontknowwhereshe'sfrom

random dude from one of the booths IMU



Art Competition:
Entry 1

Entry 2

Entry 3, Entry 4

Entry 5, Entry 6

Entry 7, Entry 8

-End of Art Competition Entries-



Sessions of stalking Heiwajima Shizuo Part 1


The following pictures are taken as part of a skit for the Group Cosplay Competition.

Bleach Group

I didn't take any photos because I was busy laughing my ass off.

Hinamori: Aizen-sama! Aizen-sama! Where are you? *gasp*
Pulls at Aizen's Espada outfit
Hinamori: Aizen-sama, what are you wearing!
Aizen: I have no need for you anymore, you're annoying. *raises his sword*
Rukia: Wait!
Hinamori faints from shock
Aizen: It's you again.
blablablabla fight ensues but Rukia can't win so she calls for Ichigo. Aizen pwns Ichigo's ass but Ichigo doesn't give up. While all this is going on, Soi Fon carries Hinamori away while giving the "I'm watching you" gesture at Aizen.
Ichigo: WAIT! I still have THIS! *puts on Hollow mask* GETSUGAAAA TENSHOUUUUUU!!
Aizen: *stops sword with two fingers after exchanging a few blows* Is that all you've got?
Ichigo: No way! *gets stabbed by Aizen in the gut*
Rukia: Ichigo!!! Wait! I'm not done yet!
-Enter Ukitake- He gives some real nice heroic speech but just as he's about to launch an attack towards Aizen, he starts coughing and collapses.
Aizen and Rukia: .....
Rukia: I'm not done yet! There's surely someone I can call.... Someone who's precious to me... Hm..... Oh! Nii-sama!!!!!
-Enter Byakuya-
Byakuya: *blablabla spurts heroic shounen crap*
Aizen: KUCHIKI HISANA!
Byakuya: ?
Aizen: KUCHIKI HISANA!! *points behind*
Byakuya: ...
Byakuya turns around. The moment he does, Aizen runs away.

End of Bleach skit.


Vocaloid Group

It starts of with Len wandering around alone with Magnet as the background music. Out of no where, Kaito comes out and hugs Len from behind. They have some lovey dovey time together before Miku discovers her cheating fiance, Kaito and demands an explanation. Len sticks up to be Kaito's waifu too but Akita Neru comes along and claims Hatsune Miku as hers. Miku pushes Neru away and all of them start squabbling again, this time with Kaito feeling shocked over Miku cheating on him. Yowane Haku passes by them but is forced to help them come to a consensus. She tries to help by putting Kaito with Neru and Miku with Len. They strongly object. During her second attempt, she was successful.

Scroll down and you shall see the results.

"Wait, hold on Miku, there's a misunderstanding!"

"Aren't you going to marry me?!"
"Wait, aren't YOU going to marry ME?!"

Yowane Haku tries to solve the problem, especially after Akita Neru appears.

"Let's just all be fine with yaoi and yuri pairings."

D'awwwwwwww!! KaitoLen

What? Time's up already?

-End of Group Cosplay Competition photos-



The judges for the event! Allen Yap, Ayase and Kikyo!!!

I must apologize to Ayase because I was literally rocking her chair and screaming behind her ear most of the time...

The Guestbook III IMU

The Guestbook IV IMU

Jasdero (MC) and Devit D-Gray Man
belting out a Macross Frontier song.
There were other performers too such as
Ranka and "Lenalee" but I did not
take photos of them because
my camera batteries were already dying.

Sessions of stalking Heiwajima Shizuo Part 2

Sessions of stalking Heiwajima Shizuo Part 3

Runner up for the Solo Cosplay Competition,
Chris Redfield,
Sparda!
[Comic Fiesta Forums]

WINNER of the Solo Cosplay Competition,
HEIWAJIMA SHIZUO!
CrossBone!!
[Comic Fiesta Forums]

HEIWAJIMA SHIZUOOOO

HEIWAJIMA SHIZUO AND HAMPER-KUNNN

See, everyone wants to crowd around Shizuo!

Group pho- What the fuck is the ninja doing? O_O

Preparing for a group photo

The Group Photo I

The Group Photo II

The Group Photo III

The Group Photo IV

The Group Photo V

The Group Photo VI!



I do not know who won the art competition. I was not around when it was announced.


The Bleach Group won the Group Cosplay Competition.
This is them.

I'll say it again. This event wasn't all that entertaining but hey, it wasn't bad. Nothing's bad when you see a smokin' hot Heiwajima Shizuo cosplayer and hold a conversation with him. HIM. Yes, HIM! Finally! A Shizuo cosplayer that does not have boobs! And the really nice thing was that I met my friend whom which I have not met for a few years now. And her brother cosplayed Aizen! His hair's nice, really nice! It was a last minute effort but Aizen could really kick ass with just his hair! Despite this being a mild event, as in, it's not as wild as Comic Fiesta, I still enjoyed it, solely because of the company of friends AND the MC. The MC has really done a good job.


And someone tell the desu band to crank their volume down. They're okay, but seriously, turn the volume down. When they're singing, I can't hear a single shit except the drums and guitar. And my ears fucking hurt from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment